2 dogs killed in Knoxville house fire

2 dogs killed in Knoxville house fire

Posted:

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - Two dogs died after a Knoxville home caught fire and filled up with smoke Monday night.

The Knoxville Fire Department says the blaze started around 10 p.m. on the 3200 block of Keith Avenue.

One of the residents returned home from work to find her house full of smoke and called 911.

When firefighters arrived, they found the fire in the basement. Toxic smoke traveled upward through an open stairwell and is believed to have killed two dogs belonging to the tenants.

Crews extinguished the flames in ten minutes. Fire investigators say the blaze was accidental.

No other injuries were reported.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.