Springfield mother dies in freak shower accident

Springfield mother dies in freak shower accident

Posted: Updated:
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -

A mother in Springfield tragically died in a freak accident late last week.

Michele Morley, 37, died Friday morning after she had a seizure in the shower and fell.  Her hair got stuck in the drain, the water rose and she drowned.

Morley's family told News 2 she had a history of seizures and typically suffered three per year.

She leaves behind a husband and two daughters, ages 9 and 17, as well as an 11-year-old stepdaughter.

The family had just moved back to Robertson County after a brief stay in Ohio.

Morley was discovered unconscious by a family friend around 5 a.m. when he got up for work.

"She just, for some reason was able to get people to connect with her.  Everybody liked her, because of how she was," Michele's husband Daniel said.

Donations to the family can be made at any Austin & Bell Funeral Home in Robertson County under Morley's name.

Visitation for close friends at family will be held at the Springfield funeral home beginning at 9 a.m.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.