Stove fire burns Knoxville man, sets off sprinkler at complex

Stove fire burns Knoxville man, sets off sprinkler at complex

Posted:
A stove fire broke out Saturday night at Isabella Towers injuring a resident. A stove fire broke out Saturday night at Isabella Towers injuring a resident.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A man is hospitalized after a fire erupts in his apartment, burning his hands.

According to Capt. D.J. Corcoran with the Knoxville Fire Department, it happened just before 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Isabella Towers apartment complex along Isabella Circle.

Firefighters believe the fire started in an apartment on the fourth floor at the resident's stove. The resident of that apartment received mild burns to his hands. He was taken to UT Medical Center.

Crews say the fire triggered a sprinkler system which extinguished the stove fire, but also affected 6 other units. The apartment manager is finding temporary placement for those individuals.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.