2 escape Anderson County house fire

2 escape Anderson County house fire

Posted:
The Marlow Volunteer Fire Department was called to the house on Hoskins Gap Road around 7 a.m. (source: Tom Scott) The Marlow Volunteer Fire Department was called to the house on Hoskins Gap Road around 7 a.m. (source: Tom Scott)
Two people were in or around the home when the fire started. (source: Tom Scott) Two people were in or around the home when the fire started. (source: Tom Scott)
Officials say the blaze may have started in a wood burning stove. The home is a total loss as the ceiling and walls came down. (source: Tom Scott) Officials say the blaze may have started in a wood burning stove. The home is a total loss as the ceiling and walls came down. (source: Tom Scott)

OLIVER SPRINGS (WATE) - Two people escaped a house fire just outside Oliver Springs Friday morning.

The Marlow Volunteer Fire Department was called to the house on Hoskins Gap Road around 7 a.m.

Officials say the homeowner opened a door, saw smoke and called 911.

Two people were in or around the home when the fire started.

Officials say the blaze may have started in a wood burning stove. The home is a total loss as the ceiling and walls came down.

Firefighters with the Oliver Springs Fire Department and the Blair Volunteer Fire Department assisted.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.