Blount County man escapes house fire

Blount County man escapes house fire

Posted:
The blaze was reported just after 11 a.m. at 2402 Farris Road. The blaze was reported just after 11 a.m. at 2402 Farris Road.

MARYVILLE (WATE) - A Blount County man was able to escape his home Monday morning after it caught fire.

The blaze was reported just after 11 a.m. at 2402 Farris Road.

Fire officials say an older man, likely in his 70s, lived in the home. Initially he didn't want to leave and tried to fight the fire himself. Neighbors were able to get him to come to their home.

The man was not injured.

Officials say there was extensive damage to the interior of the home, but they were able to salvage some personal belongings.

Fire crews believe the blaze started in the chimney. No firefighters were injured.

A dog died in the fire, likely from smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WATE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.