This week will be a battle between Grand Strand towns as two "reality" shows go head-to-head at 10 pm Thursday on different cable networks.
The upstart show on Thursday is Murrells Inlet-based "Party Down South," which has the pedigree of being created from the producers of "Jersey Shore," but airs on CMT.
Also on Thursday night, continuing its second season, is the season premiere of "Welcome to Myrtle Manor," which is filmed in a mobile home park in Myrtle Beach and features many local folks, including long-time residents of Patrick's Mobile Home park.
"Party Down South's" first full episode will go head-to-head against the season premiere of Myrtle Manor on Thursday at 10 pm on TLC.
(NOTE: A previous version of this story, based on data from CMT, indicated that the show would premiere on Wednesday, however Wednesday's show is a "sneak preview" and not a full episode.)
The CMT show, Party Down South, was filmed in a large house along the waterfront in Murrells Inlet. The show had many detractors over the summer after word of a reality show filming there leaked out.
A dad who lived nearby called to complain about a lot of hooting and hollering coming from the production location on August 20 as he tried to get his daughter to bed on a school night.
Warren Stedman told deputies he was cursed at when he approached the house known as "King's Krest" where they filmed. The deputy gave a ticket to a 30-year-old line producer, who had worked on Snooki & Jwoww show.
Meanwhile, Georgetown County residents held meetings to try to determine if they could halt production of the TV show -- and ban any such shows in the future.
The 8 folks who are featured on the Party Down South show include several from Louisiana, but none from South Carolina -- and only one who has Carolina roots.
Taylor "Lil Bit" Wright, age 23, lives in Nashville, but claims to originally be from Rockingham, NC.
It would appear as if all of the cast members were flown in especially for the show -- and it's unclear how many have spent time before the show in Murrells Inlet or South Carolina.
Here's what CMT says about the new show:
"This new one-hour, 10-episode series follows eight young, brazen adults for one wild summer of extreme fun. Their summer vacation spot may never be the same after these fast friends work, party and bond with one another over their common love of the South."
The Party Down South cast includes:
• Josh "Murray," 31 (Louise, MS) – A southern teddy bear, this 300-lb. lovable guy somehow always ends up in a fight, even though he claims to never be the instigator.
• Lyle, 28 (Lafayette, LA) – A momma's boy from the backwoods swamps of Louisiana. He's a down-home gentleman with a Cajun swagger and a southern smile that ladies can't resist.
• Ryan "Daddy," 33 (Orange Beach, AL) – This ladies' man has an appetite for courting danger and he never leaves home without his best friend, the beer funnel.
• Walt, 26 (Frankfort, KY) – A drifter with an appetite for danger and the inability to say no to a dare.
• Lauren, 21 (Pineville, LA) – This hell on heels parties hard and likes to get her extensions dirty. She's a firm believer in living her life with no regrets.
• Mattie, 24 (Gheens, LA) – A former beauty queen who is never shy to speak her mind. She loves being the center of attention almost as much as she loves partying.
• Taylor "Lil Bit," 23 (Rockingham, NC) – Nicknamed for her petite size, this country girl isn't afraid to stand her ground. Her two favorite accessories are her guns and her Bible.
• Tiffany, 25 (Eunice, LA) – A farmer's daughter who is not afraid of speaking up and letting everyone know where she stands. As her roommates can attest, she definitely knows how to talk.
1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.