Carbon monoxide poisoning at NC Baptist church sends several to

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmark and Share

Carbon monoxide poisoning at NC Baptist church sends several to hospital

Posted: Updated:

More than a dozen church members in Charlotte were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning this past weekend. Six members of Shiloh Institutional Baptist had to taken to an area hospital.

Fire crews found 1,000 parts per million of carbon monoxide in the air. It only takes 35 parts per million to set off a normal wall detector. There was about 18 people meeting at the church when some people started feeling dizzy and nauseous.  Authorities say it's possible the carbon monoxide was leaking into the building through the broken heating system.

Services were canceled Sunday as a precaution.  

The church didn't have any carbon dioxide detectors inside the church and Charlotte Fire Battalion Chief Dale Brown said this situation hits home the point that it's a good idea to invest in them.

Zip Code Weather!
Get a local weather report and a 10-day forecast by typing in your zip code!
Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.