Man injured in Knoxville house fire

Man injured in Knoxville house fire

Posted:
Rural/Metro says flames broke out at the home on Delaware Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Rural/Metro says flames broke out at the home on Delaware Avenue around 7:30 p.m.

KNOXVILLE (WATE) - A Knoxville house fire sent a man to the hospital Thursday night.

Officials say flames broke out at the home on Delaware Avenue around 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters say when they got on the scene there was heavy fire and smoke, and they also found a man who had been inside when the fire started. He was treated on the scene for minor burns and taken to the hospital.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames. They say power had recently been turned off at the home.

Fire investigators believe the fire was accidental.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.