Country music legend Loretta Lynn suffered minor burns Tuesday morning after a candle overturned and ignited a chair at her Humphreys County home.
Will Rourke, the general manager of Lynn's ranch in Hurricane Mills, about 75 miles west of Nashville, told News 2 the fire occurred around 9:30 a.m. in a sunroom on the back of the private residence.
He said Lynn heard crackling while watching TV, picked up a pillow and beat the fire out.
Lynn suffered minor burns on her fingertips.
The home where the fire occurred is where Lynn currently resides. She built the house after she moved out of the iconic antebellum mansion, also located on the property.
A building at Lynn's ranch caught fire last February. The small fire was quickly contained to a cook shack and no one was injured.
1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Can’t find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.