Couple found dead in RV at Nashville campground

Couple found dead in RV at Nashville campground

Posted: Updated:

NASHVILLE (AP) - Police say two people have died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning inside their recreational vehicle at the KOA campground in Nashville.

Police said 63-year-old Diane Turner and her husband, 53-year-old William Zinaveah, were found dead inside their RV on Sunday morning.

The preliminary investigation indicates that one of the propane gas stove burners inside the RV had been left on accidentally. Police said there was a strong odor of gas inside the RV.

There was no evidence of foul play.

Their bodies were discovered by family members who traveled to Nashville from Columbia, Tenn. to check on the couple after they were unable to reach them for the past several days.

The couple had been living at the campground for about six months.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.