Cooking pan from Easter lunch sets fire to Oak Ridge apartment

Cooking pan from Easter lunch sets fire to Oak Ridge apartment

Posted:
Firefighters battle apartment blaze in Oak Ridge. Firefighters battle apartment blaze in Oak Ridge.
The fire was started from a grease pan on a stove top. The fire was started from a grease pan on a stove top.
OAK RIDGE (WATE) - An apartment unit in Oak Ridge caught fire Easter morning when a cooking pan ignited.

The Oak Ridge Fire Department responded to 175 Wade Lane around 10 a.m. on a reported stove fire. Upon arrival they spoke with the occupant of the unit, Dee Crumm.

Mrs. Crumm informed officials that she had been cooking Easter lunch when a pan of grease began smoking heavily. When she opened the windows and doors to clear smoke, the pan caught fire, quickly spreading to the cabinets.

The fire had spread to the living room and bedroom of the apartment and was quickly extinguished upon arrival. The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross Sunday night. 

There were no injuries reported, and nearby residents were allowed to return to their apartments, which suffered little smoke damage.

 
Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.