4-month-old girl burned after firecracker lands in infant seat

4-month-old girl burned after firecracker lands in infant seat

Posted:
Courtesy: WYTV Courtesy: WYTV
Courtesy: WYTV Courtesy: WYTV
YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio - A four-month-old Ohio girl remains hospitalized after she was burned by fireworks over the holiday weekend.

According to WYTV, Aubree McCormick sustained burns to her body and face Friday after a neighbor reportedly kicked a firecracker causing it to land in the infant seat she was sitting in on the porch of her Youngstown home. 

McCormick’s mother told the television station she and her family are waiting for doctors to develop a treatment plan for the infant.

McCormick’s recovery is expected to be long.

She is continuing treatment at Akron Children’s Hospital in Akron, Ohio.

*WYTV contributed to this report.
 

Powered by WorldNow

1306 N. Broadway NE Knoxville,
Tennessee 37917

Telephone: 865.637.NEWS(6397)
Fax: 865.525.4091
Email: newsroom@wate.com

Can’t find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Young Broadcasting of Knoxville, Inc. A Media General Company.