The Knoxville/Knox County Animal Center has many pets that need new homes. Call (865) 215-6599 or click here. More >>
The Knoxville/Knox County Animal Center has many pets that need new homes. Call (865) 215-6599 or click here.More >>
Nearly 8 million pets end up in shelters each year, separated from their families. Don't let your pet be a statistic! Here are seven simple steps from The Humane Society of the United States to help keep your pet a loved and loving member of your family.
1. Make sure your pet always wears up-to-date identification.
2. Don't let behavior problems break up the family! Address problem behavior, consult with a professional if necessary, and take dogs and pups to training classes. Also learn how to prevent dog bites!
3. Visit the veterinarian at least once a year.
4. Spay or neuter your pet.
5. Have a family disaster plan that includes your pets.
6. Provide for your pets in case something happens to you and you can't care for them yourself.