Every year, the Knoxville Dream Center runs a teacher supply drive for teachers at the Title I elementary schools the organization supports: Pond Gap, Fountain City, Inskip, Maynard, and Norwood.
On average, teachers around the nation have to spend $500 out of their own pockets to help bring much-needed school supplies into their classrooms. Some of the schools the center supports don’t have a Parent/Teacher Association to help them out.
This year, the center will be giving supply bags to over 300 teachers.
There are two ways the community can help:
- Supply Donation: As an individual, group, church, or organization, you can hold a supply drive for the items listed below. You can deliver the items to the center’s warehouse (1444 Breda Dr. Knoxville, TN 37918) Monday through Friday before July 30.
- Monetary Donation: Make a donation and the center will purchase the supplies and fill the bags for you. It takes $40 to fill up one bag, so any amount is appreciated. The last day for monetary donations is July 23. You can make checks out to Knoxville Dream Center with the memo “Make a Teacher” Smile or go to www.knoxvilledreamcenter.org and click the “Invest in KDC” button to give. Select “Make a Teacher Smile 2018” to designate your gift.
You can find the list of items below and on their website on the “Make a Teacher Smile” page. You can also go to knoxvilledreamcenter.org to find out other ways in which we bring change to our community!
Teacher Supply Drive – One Bag for a Teacher
(10) 24 Pack – Crayola Crayons
(3) 10 Pack – #2 Ticonderoga Pencils
(5) 5 Pack – Expo Markers, multicolor
(2) Kleenex Tissues Box (8.5 X7)
(2) Clorox Wipes (10 oz.)
(1) 12 Pack – Elmer’s Glue Sticks