KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The day before and on Valentine’s Day, the romantic tradition of giving your sweetheart sweets helped out the community.
Volunteers made deliveries as part of Sweets to the Sweet fundraiser; surprising people in the community with a bundt cake ordered for them by a loved one.
If you received a cake on Friday, you may have recognized those delivering – WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team meteorologists Ken Weathers and Victoria Cavaliere made the rounds with those deliveries.
On Thursday, the day before Valentine’s Day, WATE 6 On Your Side Anchor Tearsa Smith along with Living East Tennessee Storyteller Chelsea Haynes made some sweet deliveries.
The event was a fundraiser for the Interfaith Health Clinic, which is a nonprofit clinic providing medical, dental and mental health care to the working poor.
The sweets, from Nothing Bundt Cakes in Bearden, came with a card letting people know that one patient visit has been purchased in his or her honor.
- West Virginia coronavirus outbreak linked to party with 70-100 young people, officials say
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- 5 injured after deck collapses in Virginia Beach
- TN Capitol’s Confederate bust decision shows strong, passionate divides remain
- Louisiana store clerk accused of shooting at customer who refused to wear mask