KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — East Tennessee’s own Dolly Parton just keeps staying busy and now has yet another Grammy Award nomination to add to her ever-expanding career as an entertainer.
This week, the 2021 Grammy Award nominations were announced; Dolly picked up a nomination for her collaboration with Zach Williams on the song, “There Was Jesus” in the Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song category.
The Grammys, which will be held Jan. 31, will be hosted by Trevor Noah.
Kanye West also picked up a Grammy nomination for his “Jesus is King” album in the Best Contemporary Christian Music Album category. West came to East Tennessee earlier this year to perform his “Sunday Service Collective” with a choir at a youth bible conference in Pigeon Forge.
- LIVE: Biden outlines plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Resolve to save and serve with the Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- Knox County announces, fills 150 more vaccine appointments in less than 20 minutes