LOS ANGELES (AP) — The search to find “Glee” TV show star Naya Rivera in a Southern California lake resumed on Sunday, authorities said.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said last Thursday that they believe Rivera, 33, drowned in Lake Piru, northwest of Los Angeles. Her 4-year-old son was discovered alone in a rented boat.
The boy, who was found asleep and wearing a life vest late Wednesday afternoon, told investigators that he and his mother went swimming and he got back on the boat, but “his mom never made it out of the water,” Sheriff’s Sgt. Kevin Donoghue said.
Rivera began acting at a young age, but she rose to national attention playing a lesbian teen on “Glee,” which aired from 2009 until 2015 on Fox.
She is the sister of former Vol Mychal Rivera.
- 11K+ unemployment claims last week in Tennessee, lowest since pandemic began
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Man arrested on charge of violating Nashville’s public health order
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Florida up for sale
- Tropical Weather Systems: Tropical depression, tropical storm and hurricane terms explained