NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases on Tuesday in Tennessee is 20,965 with 343 deaths from COVID-19, the Tennessee Department of Health said.
Cases rose by 358. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by five from Monday, according to the Department of Health.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,609 people hospitalized and 13,344 have recovered. The number of people tested is 403,504.
Phase 2 economic reopening for Knox County and Knoxville began Tuesday. Some of the main recommendations of Phase 2 include:
- Limiting social settings and gatherings to 50 people maximum. This increase from phase one doesn’t change the need to physically distance.
- Continuing to encourage telework, whenever possible and feasible with business operations.
- Implementing strict physical distancing protocols when possible.
- Increasing services slowly, when possible, to give the business time to build and test safety protocols.
- Limiting the use of common areas where employees are likely to congregate and interact.
- Considering special accommodations for higher-risk individuals.
- Operating by walk-in registration, appointment or reservation when possible.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party