NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases on Tuesday in Tennessee is 20,965 with 343 deaths from COVID-19, the Tennessee Department of Health said.
Cases rose by 358. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by five from Monday, according to the Department of Health.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,609 people hospitalized and 13,344 have recovered. The number of people tested is 403,504.
Phase 2 economic reopening for Knox County and Knoxville began Tuesday. Some of the main recommendations of Phase 2 include:
- Limiting social settings and gatherings to 50 people maximum. This increase from phase one doesn’t change the need to physically distance.
- Continuing to encourage telework, whenever possible and feasible with business operations.
- Implementing strict physical distancing protocols when possible.
- Increasing services slowly, when possible, to give the business time to build and test safety protocols.
- Limiting the use of common areas where employees are likely to congregate and interact.
- Considering special accommodations for higher-risk individuals.
- Operating by walk-in registration, appointment or reservation when possible.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Confirmed, probable COVID-19 cases rise; masks mandated in Knox County
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- Hotspot Tennessee: 1,822 new coronavirus cases puts total at 48,712
- Tennessee hires accounting firm to help with $7B COVID funds
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: 364 active cases in Knox County, 1,093 total cases
- Confirmed coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 states
- Officials announce 14-day quarantine for travelers coming into Chicago airports from COVID-19 hotspots
- Knoxville businesses and the new mask mandate: how inside will look different
- Pellissippi State employee at Hardin Valley Campus tests positive for coronavirus
- Ten Harrogate rehabilitation center employees test positive for coronavirus
- REQUIRED: All Texans must wear face coverings, Gov. Greg Abbott orders
- Tracking Coronavirus in Tennessee: Amid growing concern, 1,575 new cases and 11 new deaths reported