NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee is reporting 14,985 total cases of the coronavirus and 243 deaths on Sunday.
Cases rose from Saturday by 217 — or just 1.5%, the Tennessee Department of Health reported. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by one, the department said.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,325 people hospitalized and 7,528 have recovered. The number of people tested for COVID-19 in the state is 261,869.
Pickett County reported its first case leaving on Hancock as the only Tennessee county without a confirmed case of coronavirus.
Can you sue China if you get coronavirus? Some lawsuits are being filed and efforts are underway in Congress and in some state legislatures to make it easier. Republican U.S. Sens. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee and Martha McSally of Arizona, and GOP U.S. Rep. Lance Gooden of Texas in the House have filed a bill.
No one seems immune. Three members of the White House coronavirus task force, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, placed themselves in quarantine after contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, another stark reminder that not even one of the nation’s most secure buildings is immune from the virus.
- Coronavirus Timeline: COVID-19 case count rises in the state; phased reopenings continue
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Wait over for some on Tennessee unemployment benefits, but issue remains for others
- Some Knox County Public Library branches preparing to reopen
- Family seeks prayers as Knoxville-native, nurse battles COVID-19 in Washington
- Boston Marathon canceled, will be held virtually amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Beer drinking, 103-year-old nursing home resident beats COVID-19
- Southeast’s longest continually performing symphony orchestra paused by pandemic
- Governor’s office releases timeline ‘overview’ of state COVID-19 response
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: State seeing some of the fastest spread of COVID-19 in nation with 21,679 confirmed cases
- Batman signaled to save world during COVID-19 pandemic
- US coronavirus deaths surpass 100,000 as states continue reopening
- CVS opening 18 new drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites in Tennessee
- FEMA distributes PPE to nursing homes across Tennessee
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Testing moving to Health Department, over 1,200 put in quarantine so far