KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Health Department reported one new case on Saturday, bringing the total case number to 239.
Knox County reported 35 active cases on Saturday, up from 34 on Friday.
The total number of recovered cases remained unchanged Saturday at 199. Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after seven days from their onset of symptoms, plus 72 hours of being symptom-free.
Three cases currently require hospitalization, remaining unchanged since Tuesday. Of the 239 cases, 34 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness.
Knox County reported its fifth local death on Tuesday.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. on covid.knoxcountytn.gov.
Free COVID-19 Testing This Weekend
Free statewide testing returns this weekend in locations across Tennessee.
Like the past two weekends, you can get tested no matter where you live, regardless if you show show symptoms or not.
Saturday you can get tested at:
- William Blount High School in Maryville
- Fentress County Public Library in Jamestown
Sunday you can get tested at:
- Jacksboro Middle School in Campbell County
- Unicoi County High School in Erwin
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party