CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) — Anderson County Mayor Terry Frank confirmed the county’s first case of the coronavirus Thursday, March 19, less than an hour after the Tennessee Department of Health reported the daily state total.
It is unclear if the Anderson County case is in addition to the state number that was given at 3 p.m.
In a Facebook post at 3:30 p.m., Frank said, “the patient has self-isolated and the (Anderson County) Health Department is currently engaged in contact tracing and education.”
The ACHD cannot release any further information about the patient, including a more precise location within Anderson County, according to Frank.
Anderson County residents are encouraged to keep up to date with the latest information and guidance at https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov.html. Citizens are encouraged to watch the site for additional COVID-19 Assessment sites, as new sites are added daily. The Tennessee Department of Health also has a hotline, 1-877-857-2945, available from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Confirmed, probable COVID-19 cases rise; masks mandated in Knox County
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- Hotspot Tennessee: 1,822 new coronavirus cases puts total at 48,712
- Tennessee hires accounting firm to help with $7B COVID funds
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: 364 active cases in Knox County, 1,093 total cases
- Confirmed coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 states
- Officials announce 14-day quarantine for travelers coming into Chicago airports from COVID-19 hotspots
- Knoxville businesses and the new mask mandate: how inside will look different
- Pellissippi State employee at Hardin Valley Campus tests positive for coronavirus
- Ten Harrogate rehabilitation center employees test positive for coronavirus
- REQUIRED: All Texans must wear face coverings, Gov. Greg Abbott orders
- Tracking Coronavirus in Tennessee: Amid growing concern, 1,575 new cases and 11 new deaths reported