KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Knox County went up to 110 on Sunday, according to new information from the Knox County Health Department.
Knox County reported a total of 110 positive local cases on the health department website Sunday after 97 were reported on Saturday.
60 cases have now recovered. Knox County reported a total of 58 recoveries on Saturday.
Deaths from COVID-19 in Knox County remain at one on Sunday. The first Knox County death was announced on Monday.
16 of the 110 cases have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness. This figure does not reflect the number of patients currently hospitalized in the county.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. on covid.knoxcountytn.gov.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Confirmed cases up by 447 to 24,822
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- City of Knoxville pools to reopen this weekend
- Coronavirus: Sevier County switching to appointment-only testing
- UPDATE: 13 test positive for COVID-19 at Maryville Newell plant
- Kids ask healthcare superheroes questions this weekend on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’
- Tennessee’s Lake County leads US in per capita virus cases
- TN Coronavirus: COVID-19 cases reach 24,822
- Metro Health Dept. reports 65 deaths, 5,750 cases of COVID-19 in Nashville
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County surpasses 100 active cases for the first time, Health Department increasing contact tracing staff
- 1 in 5 nursing homes who reported data to the federal government had COVID-19 deaths
- John Prine’s wife urges Tennessee to expand absentee voting
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Cases are up by 821 to 24,375
- Manufacturer issues statement after Tennessee halts distribution of face masks
- Tennessee stops handing out chemical-treated masks