KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Knox County went up to 97 on Saturday, according to new information from the Knox County Health Department.
Knox County reported a total of 97 positive local cases on the health department website Saturday after 93 were reported on Friday.
58 cases have now recovered. Knox County reported a total of 50 recoveries on Friday. The total number of tests conducted grew to 1409.
Deaths from COVID-19 in Knox County remain at one on Saturday. The first Knox County death was announced on Monday.
15 of the 97 cases have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness. This figure does not reflect the number of patients currently hospitalized in the county.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. on covid.knoxcountytn.gov.
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Education announces second phase of partnership with PBS to keep kids learning
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Manufacturer issues statement after Tennessee halts distribution of face masks
- Tennessee stops handing out chemical-treated masks
- Gov. Lee announces new $200 million small-business relief program
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports biggest 1-day spike in new COVID-19 cases
- Gilead says drug helped moderately ill coronavirus patients
- Nearly 26,000 nursing home COVID-19 deaths reported to feds
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: TDH reports 23,554 COVID-19 cases with 367 deaths for June 1
- 38 Scott’s Strawberry & Tomato Farms employees in Unicoi County test positive for COVID-19
- Lee to require COVID-19 testing at long-term care facilities
- Trust Company of Tennessee donates $30,000 to nonprofits amid COVID-19
- Protests reducing COVID-19 testing, could be ‘giving the virus another head start’
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Health Dept. stops issuing state masks; active cases in Knox County increase by 159% in a week
- Protests spark virus fears in US; South Korea sees new cases