KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The number of new recoveries in Knox County outpaced the number of new active COVID-19 cases reported on Tuesday, according to the latest data from the Knox County Health Department.
There were 167 new COVID-19 cases — the second-highest one-day increase in cases in the county — reported on Tuesday> It was 5.21% increase from Monday as the county continues to outpace the state as a whole in percent growth of new positive cases of COVID-19. Its growth rate, however, is slower than several surrounding counties.
There were 121 new recoveries and 46 new active cases. There are 1,893 active virus cases in Knox County, the Health Department said.
Knox County reported no new deaths on Tuesday. Of the 26 deaths in the county, 21 have occurred since the beginning of July.
Of the 3,372 total cases reported in Knox County since the pandemic began, 184 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness. There are 37 Knox County patients currently hospitalized, down from 45 on Monday.
The number of recoveries is now 1,453. Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after 10 days from their onset of symptoms, plus 24 hours of being symptom-free. Recovered does not mean necessarily the person had to be hospitalized.
Knox County currently lists 145 probable cases of COVID-19 on the county website.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. Visit covid.knoxcountytn.gov for more information. Press briefings by Knox County Health Department are normally held at 12:30 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party