NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The death count for coronavirus in Tennessee is at 301 with 18,011 confirmed cases of the virus, the Tennessee Department of Health said Monday..
The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by three from Sunday — or 1%, according to the state Health Department. Cases rose from Sunday by 623 — or 3.6%
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,489 people hospitalized and 9,886 have recovered. The number of people tested is 337,428.
In a development over the weekend, Loudon County mayor Buddy Bradshaw says 57 employees at Monterey Mushroom did test positive for COVID-19.
Meanwhile in Knox County, Health Director Dr. Martha Buchanan said the county’s cases seem to be on a downward trend. Buchanan said she and her staff will meet later Monday to discuss what phase two of the Knoxville-Knox County reopening plan will look like as the number of active COVID-19 cases gradually falls.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party