NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Tennessee reported 1,460 new coronavirus cases on Saturday to send its total to 61,006. The state also said tests have topped a million.
The 1,460 new cases is a 2.5% one-day increase.
Deaths rose to 738 on Saturday, an increase of 15, or a 2.1% one-day increase, the Tennessee Department of Health reported.
Some 35,435 people have recovered from the virus. There have been 3,193 people hospitalized and 1,006,616 have been tested.
Three Knoxville area counties saw double-digit percentage growth in cases on Saturday from the previous day:
- Blount, 34 new cases, an 11.11% increase
- Jefferson, 18 new cases, a 10.98% increase
- Union, 3 new cases, a 13.6% increase
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Health reports over 126K total cases, along with over 1,200 deaths
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new deaths, 132 new recoveries
- Hawkins County extends mask mandate through August 29
- Tennessee defends COVID-19 response to oversight chair
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- No vote on restricting gathering sizes at Knox County Board of Health’s Aug. 12 meeting
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Cases rise by 1,478 and deaths are up 18 in state’s COVID-19 report
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports benchmark improvements Wednesday
- Tennessee store clerk attacked over mask: ‘They determined it was best to let me go’
- Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine
- 2 men charged for throwing party at ‘The Fashion House’ in East Nashville
- More than 800 students in one Georgia school district quarantined after 1st week of classes
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from mild COVID-19, then his organs began to fail
- 14-year-old contracts COVID-19, ‘I thought I was going to die’