TENNESSEE (WATE) — The Tennessee Department of Health reported a new record of 11,410 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday.
This breaks the previous record from Sunday, which was 11,352 new cases.
The state also reported 53 new deaths, along with 68 new hospitalizations.
There were also 7,246 new recoveries reported as the percent positive for Wednesday is at 17.75%.
State hospitalization data for Wednesday morning:
- 92 percent of Tennessee’s ICU beds are in use (168 remain open out of 2,045)
- 88 percent of regular beds are in use (1,334 remain open out of 11,481)
- Democrat Schumer tells McConnell Senate should adopt 2001 deal for 50-50 chamber
- Behind the Badge: Knoxville Animal Control officers share a day in the life
- Teachers voice concerns as state legislature takes up special session on education
- Audio technician shares meeting Dolly Parton memory at WATE 6 On Your Side
- Monroe County schools pass out Chromebooks, finally becoming 1:1 5th through 12th grade