NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Saturday coronavirus report from the Tennessee Department of Health shows 22,566 confirmed coronavirus cases, 364 deaths from the virus and 15,193 recoveries.
Cases rose by 481 — or 2.2% — from Friday. The number of deaths from the coronavirus is up by four — or a 1.1% one-day increase, according to the Department of Health.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,732 people hospitalized and 15,193 have recovered.
Since the beginning of the month, cases in Tennessee have risen 89.8%, or 10,675 cases since the May 1 total.
The latest update from the widely followed Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation’s COVID-19 projections predicts 734 deaths in Tennessee and by Aug. 4.
The virus is still spreading in the state, which has one of the higher Rt values in the country. Rt shows how rapidly the virus will spread. Rt is the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. Tennessee has a 1.04 on Saturday, according to the tracking site Rt.live.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Knox County has 10th death, Sevier County mandates masks
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Can Tennessee schools open this fall? Two state leaders on how it will happen
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Active Knox County cases fall to 714, total recovered cases rise to 862
- Coronavirus Tennessee: 1,460 new COVID-19 cases, a 2.5% increase as total cases top 61,000
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Active Knox County cases rise to 731, total recovered cases now at 826
- Sullivan County executive order: Mask mandate to go in effect July 12
- Roane, Loudon Rep. Calfee tests positive for COVID-19
- Knoxville area hospitals limit visitations to 1 person for duration of stay
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19
- Know Before You Go: The wait is an hour or more for a coronavirus test at the Knox County Health Department
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Just 10 days into July and coronavirus cases in state are up 36.9% from June to 59,546
- Pathologist found blood clots in â€˜almost every organâ€™ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Federal team visits Knox County after seeing ‘rapid growth’ of cases as active cases surpass 700
- Tennessee Supreme Court requiring masks in all courthouses