NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The number of coronavirus cases confirmed in Tennessee has reached 15,544 and the death count is 251.
Cases rose from Sunday by 559 — or 3.7%, according to the statistics released Monday by the Tennessee Department of Health. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by eight — or 3.3%, the department said.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,344 people hospitalized and 8,038 have recovered. The number of people tested for COVID-19 in the state is 273,277.
Hancock became the only Tennessee county without a confirmed case of coronavirus when Pickett County reported its first case in Sunday’s state report.
Can you lose jobless benefits if you are afraid of getting coronavirus on the job. The answer seems to be yes.
Wampler’s has found a second coronavirus case at its plant after testing all employees following the first case.
There’s still time to submit your bank account information in order to get your $1,200 stimulus payment faster, but don’t procratinate. The Internal Revenue Service announced Friday that people have a deadline of noon on Wednesday, May 13 to submit direct deposit information.
Have you heard the “‘Karaoke Cowboy,’ coming to you from Room 3325?” The Karaoke Cowboy, a resident in a Franklin nursing home who DJing during the pandemic.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party