NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The number of coronavirus cases in Tennessee reached 128,511 on Thursday. There were 2,118 new cases and 24 new deaths reported by the Tennessee Department of Health.
The number of cases grew by 1.68% from Wednesday.
The deaths were a 1.86% increase for a total of 1,313. Knox County reported two new death on Thursday.
There have been 5,648 hospitalizations and 89,151 recoveries. Some 1,785,646 tests have been administered in Tennessee.
The Unviersity of Tennesse said 28 cases of COVID-19 have been reported at its Knoxville campus — 20 of them students. Another 155 people are currently self-isolating due to potential exposure.
Hawkins County is extending its county-wide mask mandate through Aug. 29.
Gov. Bill Lee is defending Tennessee’s response to the coronavirus pandemic after receiving criticism from a top Democratic congressional leader. He argues the state’s decisions have been “data-driven” despite not adhering entirely to White House recommendations.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party