CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — South Dakota, West Virginia and North Dakota top the list of states with the highest percentage of their population who have been given the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. All three states have more than 5% given the vaccine, as of Monday, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
At the opposite end are Arkansas and Georgia at 1.4% and South Carolina at 1.5% of the population vaccinated.
NewsNation spoke with West Virginia’s governor about how his state has handled the vaccine distribution. Watch the discussion in the player below.
- A year after Wuhan lockdown, a world still deep in crisis
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- ADT technician pleads guilty after spying on hundreds of customers for ‘sexual gratification’
- ‘COVID sucks’: Patron leaves $200 tip per employee at Colorado cafe
- Positively Tennessee: Friends recovering after kidney donation