GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) — Great Smoky Mountain National Park reports that an employee at Cades Cove has tested positive for COVID-19.
GSMNP says that the employee last worked on March 19 and that they’re in self-isolation.
They also say that they did not work closely with visitors.
Other employees that came in contact with the person were notified and are in self-isolation.
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Health reports over 126K total cases, along with over 1,200 deaths
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports two new deaths, 132 new recoveries
- Hawkins County extends mask mandate through August 29
- Tennessee defends COVID-19 response to oversight chair
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- No vote on restricting gathering sizes at Knox County Board of Health’s Aug. 12 meeting
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Cases rise by 1,478 and deaths are up 18 in state’s COVID-19 report
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports benchmark improvements Wednesday
- Tennessee store clerk attacked over mask: ‘They determined it was best to let me go’
- Scientists uneasy as Russia approves 1st coronavirus vaccine
- 2 men charged for throwing party at ‘The Fashion House’ in East Nashville
- More than 800 students in one Georgia school district quarantined after 1st week of classes
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from mild COVID-19, then his organs began to fail
- 14-year-old contracts COVID-19, ‘I thought I was going to die’