HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Saturday afternoon, Mayor Gary Chesney posted to Facebook saying that, according to the White House COVID-19 Task Force, Hamblen County is now in the Red Zone.
Chesney reports that deaths have increased to 48 in the county, which is up by 27 from a month ago.
Positive tests have increased by 43, which he says might be the largest single day jump in the county, and that the county now has 208 active cases.
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors
- Knox County reports four COVID-19 new deaths as current hospitalizations remain at record-high
- The best Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart, Amazon, Target
- Beware of COVID-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval