HAMBLEN COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Saturday afternoon, Mayor Gary Chesney posted to Facebook saying that, according to the White House COVID-19 Task Force, Hamblen County is now in the Red Zone.
Chesney reports that deaths have increased to 48 in the county, which is up by 27 from a month ago.
Positive tests have increased by 43, which he says might be the largest single day jump in the county, and that the county now has 208 active cases.
- Tokyo Olympics within reach for Ann Arbor teen who smashed HS record
- Kentucky has higher COVID-19 vaccination rates than Tennessee
- Celebrating healthy eating one bite at a time
- The Osteopathic Center is helping your body recover with IV Therapy
- Knoxville man rehabbing after diving accident leaves him paralyzed from chest down