KODAK, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Northview Primary School to hold in-person classes on Wednesday after canceling them on Tuesday due to COVID-19 cases and a shortage of substitute teachers.
This decision coming Sevier County Schools communicated with the state health department to review the situation and the school itself was thoroughly clean
Buses will be running as normal Wednesday morning, and parents are welcome to drop off their children as car riders.
Northview Primary School cancels in-person classes Tuesday due to COVID-19 cases & substitute teacher shortage
EARLIER: Northview Primary School has canceled all in-person classes for Tuesday due to multiple new COVID-19 cases and a shortage of substitute teachers according to Instructional Supervisor for Secondary Schools in Sevier County, Tony Stinnet.
“We know this is late notice, but we are trying to remain cautious and take proper steps to protect both students and faculty members.”Tony Stinnet
Stinnet adds that the school system hopes to gain and share further information about the schedule for the rest of the week to all parents/guardians by no later than Tuesday afternoon.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party