MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Senator Lamar Alexander on Monday came to the defense of top U.S. health official Dr. Anthony Fauci.
Dr. Fauci was appointed to the White House Coronavirus Task Force earlier this year. He’s advised multiple presidents on HIV/AIDS, and many other global health issues.
President Donald Trump pivoted from featuring the doctor at his White House briefings to tweeting about him.
On Monday, Sen. Alexander released a statement:
“Dr. Fauci is one of our country’s most distinguished public servants. He has served six presidents, starting with Ronald Reagan. If more Americans paid attention to his advice, we’d have fewer cases of COVID-19, and it would be safer to go back to school and back to work and out to eat.”
- Girl scouts place outdoor food pantries across Shelby County
- FedEx flight makes emergency landing after explosions heard over Memphis; no injuries reported
- Last chance to vote in round one of our Christmas movie bracket
- Senator Marsha Blackburn releases statement as Sarah Fuller suits up for Vanderbilt football game
- Titans Week: Looking for revenge in big AFC South battle