NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — After blowing by the 50,000 mark on Saturday, Tennessee reported another 1,291 new cases on Sunday, putting the total so far in the pandemic at 51,431.
That was a 2.6% one-day increase. The death toll is 646, up by nine, the Tennessee Department of Health reported.
Some 30,254 people have recovered from the virus. There have been 2,871 people hospitalized and 895,796 have been tested.
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Health reports over 117K total cases, along with over 1,200 deaths
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Lawsuit filed against Athens nursing home
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 2 new deaths, 103 new recoveries
- The Change Center temporarily closing due to COVID-19
- Morristown West football player tests positive for COVID-19
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Deaths continue to climb, rising by 20 to 1,206 on Friday
- SEC announces initial COVID-19 safety protocols
- US kids, parents perform DIY tests for coronavirus science
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 50% drop in hospitalizations
- Georgia student suspended after posting photo of crowded hall
- Kentucky governor extends mask mandate to combat coronavirus
- US stops advising against global travel, but hits Mexico
- Ohio Gov. DeWine negative for coronavirus in second test
- State announces new resources for parents and teachers