NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – COVID-19 cases rose by 1,289 and deaths by 19 in the Saturday statistics from the Tennessee Department of Health.
The number of cases grew by 0.99% from Friday to 131,747.
The deaths were a 1.43% increase for a total of 1,345.
There have been 5,813 hospitalizations and 92,100 recoveries in the state. Some 1,827,520 tests have been administered in Tennessee.
Deaths in Knoxville area counties:
With classes beginning Wednesday — and already 28 cases reported — the University of Tennessee at Knoxville held a media tour to talk about how both dormroom and classroom life will be unlike any other semester this fall.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party