NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Deaths continue to rise in Tennessee with 20 more reported on Friday to push the total to 1,206, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.
That is a 1.69% increase from Thursday when the state reported a record 42 deaths. The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington projects Tennessee is on track to have 2,093 deaths by Dec. 1. IHME’s numbers have tended to some of the more conservative among projections. It predicts 295,011 nationwide deaths from COVID-19 by Dec. 1.
The number of virus cases is 118,782 with 2,432 new cases, a 2.09% increase from Thursday.
There have been 5,190 hospitalizations and 79,357 recoveries. Some 1,660,337 tests have been administered in Tennessee.
7-Day Growth In Coronavirus Cases By County
Here are increases in cases by county in the Knoxville area since the first of the month (with the percentage increase since Aug. 1):
- Anderson 85, up 14.6%
- Blount 154, up 141.%
- Grainger 30, up 18.%
- Hamblen 164, up 13.6%
- Jefferson 72, up 15%
- Knox 559, up 14.5%
- Loudon 75, up 11.7%
- Roane 86, up 24.8%
- Sevier 151, up 9%
- Union 36, up 31.6%
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party