NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Fifty-three new coronavirus-related deaths were reported in Tennessee on Wednesday for a total of 4,048, a 1.33% increase from Tuesday, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.
Tennessee also reported 4,472 new coronavirus cases, a 1.39% increase. The cumulative number of cases is 325,201, the Tennessee Department of Health reported.
Some 4,177,684 tests have been administered and 1,982 people are currently hospitalized across the state. The number of people who have recovered from the virus is 279,931.
The percent positive number for Wednesday is 17.12%.
- UT Knoxville requiring students living on campus to take weekly saliva COVID-19 tests for spring semester
- HHS Secretary Azar ‘still serving the American people’ as he submits resignation effective Jan. 20
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Seventh Nashville Police officer credited for saving lives before Christmas Day bombing
- Kentucky State Capitol, surrounding grounds off limits this weekend