NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee ends July with 105,959 coronavirus cases and 1,060 deaths.
Cases of the virus increased by 3,088 from Thursday — third largest number in a single day and an increase of 3%.
Twenty-seven more Tennesseans have died from COVID-19, according to the statistics. That is a 2.6% increase from Thursday and the death toll is 1,060. Knox County reported two deaths on Friday.
There have been 4,161 hospitalizations and 66,357 recoveries. Some 1,512,224 tests have been administered in Tennessee.
A COVID-19 July
July was a month of rapid growth of coronavirus in Tennessee and a sharp rises in many rural counties.
Cases have increased from June 30 by 143.5% (from 43,509 to 105,959) and deaths have increased by 75.5% (from 604 to 1,060).
Here is the rise in cases for Knoxville area counties during July and the percentage increase:
- Anderson, 469, 459.8%
- Blount 870, 502.89%
- Grainger 127, 362.86%
- Hamblen 963, 437.73%
- Jefferson 372, 364.71%
- Knox 2,738 283.14%
- Loudon 345, 132.18%
- Roane 286, 650%
- Sevier 1,036 170.39%
- Union 98, 816.67%
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party