NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tennessee ends July with 105,959 coronavirus cases and 1,060 deaths.
Cases of the virus increased by 3,088 from Thursday — third largest number in a single day and an increase of 3%.
Twenty-seven more Tennesseans have died from COVID-19, according to the statistics. That is a 2.6% increase from Thursday and the death toll is 1,060. Knox County reported two deaths on Friday.
There have been 4,161 hospitalizations and 66,357 recoveries. Some 1,512,224 tests have been administered in Tennessee.
A COVID-19 July
July was a month of rapid growth of coronavirus in Tennessee and a sharp rises in many rural counties.
Cases have increased from June 30 by 143.5% (from 43,509 to 105,959) and deaths have increased by 75.5% (from 604 to 1,060).
Here is the rise in cases for Knoxville area counties during July and the percentage increase:
- Anderson, 469, 459.8%
- Blount 870, 502.89%
- Grainger 127, 362.86%
- Hamblen 963, 437.73%
- Jefferson 372, 364.71%
- Knox 2,738 283.14%
- Loudon 345, 132.18%
- Roane 286, 650%
- Sevier 1,036 170.39%
- Union 98, 816.67%
- Coronavirus Timeline: TN Dept. of Health reports over 123K total cases, along with over 1,200 deaths
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus breaks out again in New Zealand after 102 days
- Metro Health Dept. reports 114 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths in Nashville
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 117 new recoveries, no new deaths
- Greeneville City Schools now providing weekly update on ‘number of personnel COVID-19 cases’ within district
- Johnson City man biking 3,000 mi. cross-country to raise money for COVID-19 relief
- Residents of Tennessee, other states report receiving unsolicited masks from China
- Mystery masks: Unsolicited face masks from China arriving in mailboxes
- Vanderbilt releases modeling report about mask mandates, COVID-19 hospitalizations in Tennessee
- Global coronavirus cases double in 45 days, top 20 million
- Putin says Russia has approved coronavirus vaccine, one of his daughters has received it
- Two businesses won’t be reopening in Knoxville’s Market Square
- Tennessee Coronavirus: 1,202 new COVID-19 cases push total to 123,914
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins