NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Thirty-four new coronavirus-related deaths were reported in Tennessee on Wednesday for a total of 3,241, a 1.06% increase from Tuesday, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.
Tennessee also reported 2,446 new coronavirus cases, a 0.97% increase. The cumulative number of cases is 254,220, the Tennessee Department of Health reported.
Some 3,594,591 tests have been administered and 1,254 people are currently hospitalized across the state. The number of people who have recovered from the virus is 224,822.
The percent positive number for Wednesday is 10.68%.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Knoxville Black Business Directory puts minority-owned local businesses in spotlight
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway