NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Two weeks into September, Tennessee has seen coronavirus cases rise by 12.48% — 19,341 cases — and has seen deaths related to the virus increase by 19.56% — or 343 people.
Nineteen new coronavirus-related deaths reported in Tennessee on Monday for a total of 2,097, a 0.91% increase from Sunday, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.
Tennessee also reported 2,450 new coronavirus cases, a 1.43% increase. The cumulative number of cases is 174,274, the Tennessee Department of Health reported.
Some 2,487,707 tests have been administered and 703 people are currently hospitalized across the state. The number of people who have recovered from the virus is 156,808.
The percent positive number for Monday is 7.15%.
County coronviarus case increases since Aug. 31
Here are the increases in coronavirus cases since Aug. 31 for selected East Tennessee counties:
County, Caess and percent increase since Aug. 31:
Anderson 161, 18.42%
Blount 334, 16.62%
Cocke 70, 10.90%
Cumberland 244, 29.54%
Fentress 125, 56.05%
Grianger 41, 14.75%
Hamblen 112, 6.75%
Hancock 12, 13.04%
Jefferson 198, 24.29%
Knox 1,847, 28.73%
Loudon 97, 10.19%
Monroe 206, 27.50%
Morgan 73, 34.93%
Roane 109, 16.74%
Sevier 204, 9.12%
Union 56, 24.89%
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party