NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases on Sunday in Tennessee is 20,145 with 336 deaths from COVID-19, the Tennessee Department of Health said.
Cases rose by 356 – or 1.8%. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by seven — 2.1% — from Saturday, according to the Department of Health.
Since last Sunday, the number of cases has increased by 2,757, or 15.9%. Deaths are up 38, or 12.8% during the same period.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,583 people hospitalized and 12,837 have recovered. The number of people tested is 383,576.
The mayors of Knoxville and Knox County discuss reopening plans with WATE 6 On Your Side’s Blake Stevens on Tennessee This Week. Phase 2 begins Tuesday.
Here is what the Memorial Day Weekend is looking like across the country. On the Sunday talk shows, Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, said she was “very concerned” about scenes of people crowding together over the weekend.
“We really want to be clear all the time that social distancing is absolutely critical. And if you can’t social distance and you’re outside, you must wear a mask,” she said on ABC’s “This Week.”
- Coronavirus Timeline: Knox County has 10th death, Sevier County mandates masks
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Can Tennessee schools open this fall? Two state leaders on how it will happen
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Active Knox County cases fall to 714, total recovered cases rise to 862
- Coronavirus Tennessee: 1,460 new COVID-19 cases, a 2.5% increase as total cases top 61,000
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Active Knox County cases rise to 731, total recovered cases now at 826
- Sullivan County executive order: Mask mandate to go in effect July 12
- Roane, Loudon Rep. Calfee tests positive for COVID-19
- Knoxville area hospitals limit visitations to 1 person for duration of stay
- ‘Disasters don’t discriminate’: Health officials push to protect communities of color from COVID-19
- Know Before You Go: The wait is an hour or more for a coronavirus test at the Knox County Health Department
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Just 10 days into July and coronavirus cases in state are up 36.9% from June to 59,546
- Pathologist found blood clots in â€˜almost every organâ€™ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Federal team visits Knox County after seeing ‘rapid growth’ of cases as active cases surpass 700
- Tennessee Supreme Court requiring masks in all courthouses