NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases on Sunday in Tennessee is 20,145 with 336 deaths from COVID-19, the Tennessee Department of Health said.
Cases rose by 356 – or 1.8%. The number of deaths from the coronavirus was up by seven — 2.1% — from Saturday, according to the Department of Health.
Since last Sunday, the number of cases has increased by 2,757, or 15.9%. Deaths are up 38, or 12.8% during the same period.
RELATED: Timeline of the pandemic
There have been 1,583 people hospitalized and 12,837 have recovered. The number of people tested is 383,576.
The mayors of Knoxville and Knox County discuss reopening plans with WATE 6 On Your Side’s Blake Stevens on Tennessee This Week. Phase 2 begins Tuesday.
Here is what the Memorial Day Weekend is looking like across the country. On the Sunday talk shows, Dr. Deborah Birx, coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, said she was “very concerned” about scenes of people crowding together over the weekend.
“We really want to be clear all the time that social distancing is absolutely critical. And if you can’t social distance and you’re outside, you must wear a mask,” she said on ABC’s “This Week.”
- Coronavirus Timeline: Confirmed, probable COVID-19 cases rise; masks mandated in Knox County
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Governor Hutchinson to allow cities in Arkansas to pass mask mandates
- Hotspot Tennessee: 1,822 new coronavirus cases puts total at 48,712
- Tennessee hires accounting firm to help with $7B COVID funds
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: 364 active cases in Knox County, 1,093 total cases
- Confirmed coronavirus cases are rising in 40 of 50 states
- Officials announce 14-day quarantine for travelers coming into Chicago airports from COVID-19 hotspots
- Knoxville businesses and the new mask mandate: how inside will look different
- Pellissippi State employee at Hardin Valley Campus tests positive for coronavirus
- Ten Harrogate rehabilitation center employees test positive for coronavirus
- REQUIRED: All Texans must wear face coverings, Gov. Greg Abbott orders
- Tracking Coronavirus in Tennessee: Amid growing concern, 1,575 new cases and 11 new deaths reported