(WATE) – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it still doesn’t know all the risks COVID-19 might pose to pregnant women, and that uncertainty is causing mothers-to-be and those who care for them to take extra precautions.
Fewer visitors are allowed in delivery rooms, even doulas and labor support are moving their classes online in the hopes of keeping a mother’s risk low.
“It’s just so important for us that they stay safe and so that’s why we’ve chosen to move to this virtual support as opposed to the in person.”Tanya Grabbe – Owner of TN Family Doulas
The CDC isn’t sure how babies could be impacted, but is advising pregnant women to take precautions; that includes isolating when possible, and to have very few visitors while in the hospital.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party