(WATE) – Experts had said the month of December would be a record-breaking season for online sales and as it turns out, they were right.
E-commerce sales from Nov. 1 through Dec. 24 rose nearly 19% compared to the same time frame last year, according to the credit card company Mastercard.
Overall retail purchases, with the exception of automobiles, were up more than 3% compared to last year.
The most impressive day for single-day online sales was “Super Saturday,” on Dec. 21.
According to the consulting and research firm, Customer Growth Partners, that day alone pulled in a record $34.4 billion. That amount was more than four times the sales from Cyber Monday 2019.
- East TN school districts keeping potential coronavirus impacts on their radar
- The Business Buzz: Fanatic Brewing Company grand opening this weekend
- HCSO: Man charged after biting deputy twice
- Lady Vols take down Ole Miss 77-66 on senior night
- KFC employee in Yadkinville, N.C. tells News Channel 11 she reported possible Evelyn sighting to TBI on Tuesday