Cauliflower dishes are trending in 2019.
Here’s two recipes that will help you cut the carbs in the new year, by swapping pizza crust and mashed potato bake with a low carb, high fiber, cauliflower substitute.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
-1 head of cauliflower
-1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
-1/4 grated Parmesan
-1/2 tsp dried oregano
-1/2 tsp kosher salt
-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
-2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine. Steam, and drain cauliflower.
3. Mix cauliflower with mozzarella, Parmesan, oregano, salt garlic and eggs. Place mixture on banking sheet in the shape of a circle, similar to a pizza crust.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Add desired pizza toppings and enjoy!
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
-6 slices of bacon
-1 head of cauliflower florets
-1 tablespoon of whipped butter
-3 garlic cloves
-1 bunch of chives
-1/4 shredded reduced fat cheddar
1. Wash and rinse cauliflower head. Cut into florets. Boil until soft. Drain the cauliflower.
2. Cook bacon in the oven until crispy. Crumble into bacon bits and set aside.
3. Add buttermilk, salt, butter and pepper to the cauliflower and puree until the cauliflower resembles whipped mashed potatoes.
4. Mix in chives, cheddar cheese and bacon.
5. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Add extra cheese, bacon and chives to casserole for additional toppings.