Asian Salmon Bowl from The Savory Whisk
- 4 Salmon Fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- 4 tbsps. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Rice noodles Vegetables-
- Any or all of the following: Avocado, mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots, cucumbers Garnishes if desired-Fresh lime wedge, basil and/or cilantro, sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. grated fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. Asian chili sauce, *optional Salt and black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, then add salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour the lemon juice and olive oil over the top of the salmon fillets and let marinate for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper, place on a foil or parchment lined pan and bake for 9-12 minutes. When the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees on a meat thermometer the salmon is properly cooked and should be removed from the oven.
After removing from oven, do not leave salmon on the hot pan more than a few minutes or it will overcook.
While the salmon is cooking, prepare the noodles, vegetables garnishes and vinaigrette. Slice the vegetables into thin bite-sized pieces. Prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Slice the lime into wedges and tear the fresh herb leaves from the stems.
Place the noodles and vegetables around the edges of a bowl or plate and place the cooked salmon in the middle. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, add garnishes and enjoy!