Since 1917, the Island View Schoolhouse has been a staple in the Historic Boyd’s Creek area. Owner Dr. Sam Lyle, is now carrying the legacy of his mother’s alma mater, a 1930 graduate from the one-room schoolhouse.
Now, Lyle and his brother-in-law, John Plummer, are continuing in the spirit of this hundred year old schoolhouse, by offering an open house to the public on Sunday, April 28th, from 2 p.m.- 4 p.m.
The event is in partnership with Friends of the Library, Seymour Branch. Stay tuned for weather updates throughout the day on their Facebook page.